There are many ways to vote in the Saskatoon Meewasin by-election:
1. In person on by-election day, March 2. Check your Voter Information Card for where your voting place is;
2. In person at an advance poll;
3. At Saskatoon City Hospital (if you area a patient on by-election day) or a mobile poll.
4. If you are homebound due to a disability, you can complete an application form to have an election worker come to your home so you and your caregiver, if eligible, could both cast a ballot. You can download the hombound voting application here. Then either email your application to the Saskatoon Meewasin Returning Office at SME@elections.sk.ca or drop it off in person at the returning office.
5. If you are away from your Saskatoon Meewasin home during the by-election you can vote by mail. To vote by mail, you first apply for an absentee ballot. It’s important to not wait too long to start this process. You need to allow enough time to:
- download an absentee voter application here; download the French version here;
- fill it in (you can print it and fill it in by hand, or fill it in electronically) and send it to the email address on the application (Saskatoon Meewasin returning officer) along with a copy of your ID;
- wait for a voting kit to arrive to you by mail shortly after the by-election is called; and
- mark your ballot and mail it back to us, postmarked by 8 p.m. on March 2.
As well, if you are still at home, but will be away during advance polls and on by-election day, please visit the Saskatoon Meewasin Returning Office and you can vote by absentee ballot at that time.