November 7, 2014 – In advance of the constituency of Lloydminster by-election on November 13, below are some reminders for media.
1. Polls will be open on Thursday, November 13 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Central Time (8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mountain Time).
2. The unofficial results will be posted live at results.elections.sk.ca after 8 p.m. Central Time (after 7 p.m. Mountain Time).
• This website can also be accessed off the home page of Elections Saskatchewan’s website (elections.sk.ca).
• The results website will be live on November 13.
• The results website is optimized for mobile, tablet and desktop devices and will display real-time results as polls in the constituency report to the Elections Saskatchewan returning office.
3. The number of polls that will appear on the results website on by-election night will be 45.
• 40 polling divisions, three (3) advance polls, one (1) mobile poll and one (1) hospital poll.
4. The final, official results will be released on Tuesday, November 25. This final number will include the absentee (voting by mail) numbers. Absentee counts will not be included in the unofficial results on November 13.
5. There are five officially nominated candidates in this by-election:
• Luke Bonsan, Green Party
• Wayne Byers, New Democratic Party (N.D.P.)
• Randall Edge, P. C. Party of Sask.
• Darrin Lamoureux, Saskatchewan Liberal Party
• Colleen Young, Saskatchewan Party
6. For an interview on by-election day, please call or text Tim Kydd at 306.537.9211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and an interview will be arranged with Dr. Michael Boda, Chief Electoral Officer.
7. Per The Election Act, 1996, no personal electronics (including cameras and video cameras) are permitted for use inside a voting place. Elections Saskatchewan wants to provide some flexibility to media for doing their work, while at the same time protecting the secrecy of the ballot and of the privacy of the voting public. Therefore, media may take photos or record video inside the building of a polling station provided that no voter objects, but are not allowed to go into the room in which the voting is taking place. For example, photos or recording video of a polling place can be taken through an open doorway. If a voter objects, the photography or video recording should stop until that voter has finished voting and has left the voting place.
8. The constituency of Lloydminster returning officer is Josephine Taylor. She may be contacted at 306.825.6462, toll-free 1.844.533.0079 or by email RO17A@elections.sk.ca
More information on the by-election can be found at elections.sk.ca/lloydminsterbyelection.
Elections Saskatchewan is the province’s independent, impartial, professional election management body. Given a mandate from the Saskatchewan Legislative Assembly, it organizes, manages and oversees provincial electoral events.
For more information contact:
Senior Director, Outreach & Policy