February 23, 2017 – Advance voting in the constituency of Saskatoon Meewasin by-election begins Friday, Feb. 24. Eligible voters may choose to vote at an advance poll rather than on by-election day, Thursday, March. 2.
Advance voting will take place at two locations:
- Ramada Hotel, 806 Idylwyld Drive North
- Saskatoon Kinsmen/Henk Ruys Soccer Centre, 219 Primrose Drive
Advance voting dates and times are:
- Friday, Feb. 24, 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 25, Noon to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 26, Noon to 7 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 27, 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 28, 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
To vote in the Saskatoon Meewasin by-election you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen;
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Have lived in Saskatchewan for at least the six months before the day the by-election was called (Aug. 3, 2016);
- Ordinarily be a resident of the constituency of Saskatoon Meewasin.
Voters are encouraged to avoid the times that are traditionally the busiest on advance voting days, including when the polls first open and over the supper hour.
“During the April 2016 provincial election, we saw a 66 percent increase in ballots cast during advance voting, accounting for more than a quarter of ballots cast across the province,” says Dr. Michael Boda, Chief Electoral Officer of Saskatchewan. “This trend may well continue.”
To speed up the voting experience, voters should also bring their ID and Voter Information Card (VIC) when they head to the polls to vote.
Elections Saskatchewan is the province’s independent, impartial, professional election management body. Given a mandate from the Saskatchewan Legislative Assembly, it organizes, manages and oversees provincial electoral events. Find information for voters, workers, media, candidates and parties at www.elections.sk.ca.
For more information contact:
Senior Director, Communications & Outreach