This issue of the Writ Period Bulletin for Field Leadership Team includes articles on:
- Entering Candidate Information into ESPREE
Entering Candidate Information into ESPREE
There are two items of vital importance to remember when entering candidate information into ESPREE:
(1) Information contained in candidate Nomination Papers must be entered into ESPREE exactly as provided by the candidate. Remember, there may be a difference between a candidate’s legal name and the name they want shown on the ballot. For example, a candidate’s name may be Jonathan Smith, but he may indicate that he wants “Jon Smith” shown on the ballot.
The candidate has provided you with a CANDIDATE INFORMATION page along with their Nomination Papers. When entering candidate information into ESPREE:
- The “Name to be shown on the ballot paper” from the CANDIDATE INFORMATION page is to be entered into ESPREE where it asks for “Candidate Ballot Paper Surname” and “Candidate Ballot Paper Given Name(s) and Initials”;
- The “Given name or names, initial(s)” and “Family Surname” from the CANDIDATE INFORMATION page is to be entered into ESPREE where it asks for the “Candidate Surname and Candidate Given Name(s) and Initials”;
- The “Occupation to be shown on the ballot paper” from the CANDIDATE INFORMATION page is to be entered into ESPREE where it asks for “Candidate Occupation”;
- The “Candidate Address” you enter into ESPREE is to be taken from the address given on the Candidate’s Consent page of the Nomination Paper (not the address from page 6);
- If the candidate has appointed an audit firm rather than an individual on the E-403 form, enter the firm’s name in ESPREE where it asks for the “Auditor Surname” and leave the space for “Auditor Given Name(s) and Initials” blank.
(2) Once a candidate’s information is entered into ESPREE do not change it. There is a team of people at head office dedicated to verifying that the information in ESPREE is correct and matches the information provided by candidates in their Nomination Papers.
If you notice that candidate information you entered has changed, do not change it back. Call the Support Desk and ask to speak with Jennifer Colin.
If you have any questions about how to enter this information into ESPREE, please call the Support Desk immediately at 1-866-249-7186 and select option 2.
Elections SK is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information we collect, use and keep. Because of this, we require that all election workers receive training that will increase their awareness of the importance of privacy and the protection of personal information.
While a longer version of Elections SK’s privacy video was included on the USB Thumb Drive (in the IT folder) and viewed by the returning office staff, a shorter version is also available for training of your poll officials. All poll officials are required to view the video and sign a privacy “Training Acknowledgement” form, indicating that they have received the training provided by Elections SK. A supply of these forms was included as part of the shipments sent to your office.
For people who have already received their poll official training, but did not complete the privacy requirements, please contact them and direct them to https://youtu.be/Fh1MWIjq4dI in order to view the shorter version privacy video. You will need to collect the signed Training Acknowledgement forms from these workers as well.
Once the training is completed, please place the signed acknowledgement forms for all poll officials in a separate envelope labeled “Privacy Training Acknowledgement Forms”, and include it with the other materials being returned to head office at the end of the election.
If you have any questions about privacy training or our privacy policies, please contact the Support Desk at 1-866-249-7186 and select option 3.