A brief update on three constituencies where voting has been extended.
Extended Polling Hours – Results Reporting
I want to provide you with a brief update on the three constituencies that were affected by polling locations that opened after 9 a.m. As mentioned in my previous communique, I have authorized officials for specific polls at three polling stations to remain open past 8 p.m. in order to ensure all voters have the same opportunity to vote. These polls were located at the following polling locations:
- Poll 6b, Constituency of Carrot River Valley, Shoal Lake Wacihk Education Complex on Shoal Lake First Nation opened at 10 a.m.;
- Polls 17, 18, 19, and 20, Constituency of Cumberland, Pelican Narrows LCA Hall in Pelican Narrows opened at 10 a.m.;
- Poll 6, Constituency of Saskatoon Centre, St. Edward School, Saskatoon opened at 9:30 a.m.
You should be aware that, while counting will continue on schedule for all other polls in these constituencies, the results from these constituencies will not be released publicly until voting has ended at the affected polling locations within the constituency involved. This means that no results from these constituencies will be released publicly before:
- Carrot River Valley - 9 p.m.;
- Cumberland - 9 p.m.;
- Saskatoon Centre - 8:30 p.m.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter. We ask that you forward this information to your affected candidates.